Archive Mode. Call IIQF 2021- Quilt Show Competition ended on 12/16/20, 11:59 PM. Call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Terms & Conditions
India International Quilt Festival (IIQF) 2021- Quilt Show Competition
- The decisions by the jury and judges are final.
- QIF/ Organisers reserves the right to disqualify any quilt that it deems to be misrepresented and winners will forfeit any ribbons and/or prizes.
- IIQF 2021 and Quilt India Foundation will take every reasonable precaution to safeguard the quilts during this show, but that neither IIQF 2021 nor Quilt India Foundation will be held liable for damage or loss beyond the insurance limitations specified in the rules.
- By entering IIQF 2021, the entrant agrees to release and hold harmless IIQF 2021, and its respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents, and prize sponsors from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person or property, including death, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any IIQF 2021 show-related activity, or participation in IIQF 2021.
- The entrant will not hold IIQF 2021, Quilt India Foundation, or the venue liable for damages to or loss of a quilt beyond the insurance limitations described in this document.
- The entrant represents and warrants to the Quilt India Foundation and IIQF 2021 that the entrant’s entry does not infringe upon, violate or misappropriate any copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary right of a third party. The entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Quilt India Foundation and IIQF 2021, and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, assigns and successors, from and against any and all third party claims, suits, actions, proceedings and demands (“Claim”), and any and all liabilities losses, damages, settlements, fines, penalties, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees), based upon, arising out of or resulting from any actual or alleged breach by the entrant of the foregoing representation and warranty; provided, however, that the Quilt India Foundation and IIQF 2021 with all reasonable promptness will notify the entrant of any Claim that may involve the entrant.
- By entering IIQF 2021, the entrant agrees to grant IIQF 2021, Quilt India Foundation and, if awarded a prize, the sponsor company of the category entered, and their licensees, affiliates, and assigns, a nonexclusive worldwide perpetual license to use images of the quilt and/or all or part of the information about the quilt in any medium now known or later developed, including archives, articles, ads, promotions, catalogues, books, magazines, web sites (including any Webcast coverage), blogs, CDs, news coverage, television productions, and/or multimedia productions for or about IIQF 2021, Quilt India Foundation and/or quilting. The Entrant understands that he/she will retain the copyright to the quilt, and that QIF will make reasonable efforts to ensure that entrant is credited in any usage but will not be compensated for the above uses.
- Winners also agree to grant to IIQF 2021, Quilt India Foundation, the sponsor company of the prize category and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for purposes of news or information and/or for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- The entrant understands that QIF will make every effort to ensure that the quilt remains clean and in the condition it arrived. However, there is a small risk that stains could happen especially during shipping and transit and the entrant accept those risks.
- Entry is open to all from any country.
- The decisions of the show organizers, jury and judges are final.
- All taxes on the awards are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Employees of sponsors are not eligible to win an award or prize sponsored by their employer.
- QIF reserves the right to divide or combine categories, move entries to more appropriate categories, and to not award all ribbons.
- QIF reserves the right to accept or reject any quilt for display.
- QIF reserves the right to reject any quilts that are in poor condition when received and viewed. Examples include, but are not limited to, torn fabric, stained fabric, poor craftmanship or an unfinished quilt.
- QIF reserves the right to reject any quilt it deems to be misrepresented in the photos, design credit, age of entrant during the entry process. If this misrepresentation is discovered after the show and the quilt was awarded, the winner forfeits all ribbons and cash prizes.
- Any quilt that is rejected by QIF will be returned to the entrant and will not be displayed in the exhibit, entered into IIQF 2021, judged or be eligible for ribbons or cash prizes.
- All the people who worked on the design or construction of the quilt, paid or not, must be credited including pattern making, printing, dyeing, cutting, piecing, quilting etc. (excluding basting assistance) in the Quilt Registration Form.
- Entrants must acknowledge (under Other Collaborators) processes outsourced to third parties such as large-scale digital printing, laser cutting and fabric printing.
- Entrants must state (under Original Design) if their quilt is an original design or if it is based on a secondary source.
- Entrants must acknowledge (under Original Design) if their quilt has been made from a book, magazine, pattern, workshop or kit.
- Entrants must acknowledge (under Original Design) if their quilt features a ‘work of art’ or utilises an image or photograph created by someone other the maker.
- Shortlisted Quilts for the show must arrive with Sleeves.
- Shortlisted Quilts must arrive with labels. Labels should be in Fabric. The required information can be added using Permanent Marker Pens, Embroidered ?or Printed on Fabric.
- The label needs to be placed on the bottom left-hand corner, when the back of the quilt Is facing you. In the label, you are to include:
- Id Number: which you will receive when you register your quilt
- Dimension of the quilt: in inches ( in cms)
Please note: Do not put your name on the label
- Shipping - On completion of Jurying process, address for sending the shortlisted quilts will be intimated by Email.
- Shipping- Shortlisted Quilts should be sealed in a clear plastic bag before being placed in a carton or plastic courier cover and sent to the address mentioned in the email. Being environment conscious, QIF will make reasonable efforts to return the quilts in the package they arrived in. However, no communication in this regard will be entertained and QIF reserves the right to ship back in suitable repurposed packaging.
- Shipping- Quilts can be picked up from the designated point at Chennai before 2 Feb 2021 or shipped back. Address will be shared with you later.
- To and fro shipping cost will be borne by the entrant. Return Shipping will be done by India Post.
- Online entries need to be accompanied by Four (4) photos of the Entry Quilt. Jurying will be based on photographs submitted on or before the last date of registration. Upload pictures of fully completed quilts only. Last date of registration and upload of photographs will not be extended under any circumstances.
- Photography of the piece is the responsibility of the maker.
- Photographs submitted with the entry must be of a high standard and comply with the requirements outlined on the entry form.
- Entrants must submit a minimum of four photographs to qualify for competition.
- Entries submitted with poor quality photographs may result in disqualification.
- Due to the uncertainties surrounding Covid-19, the first round of jurying will be based on photographs. Whilst the panel will do their utmost to evaluate all entries, taking the influence of lighting, photography etc into consideration, it must be accepted that there are limitations to virtual assessment of workmanship.
- Entry fee for entering the quilt for the Quilt Show is INR 500 (inclusive of Tax) per Quilt. Entry fee is non-refundable.
- To and from shipping and transit insurance charges need to be borne by the entrant.
- QIF will cover insurance for the period 21 Dec 2020 to 2 February 2021 for up to Rs.4000 per quilt while in QIF possession.
Selling your quilt
- In case you are interested in selling your Quilt, you can choose the Sale value in the Quilt Registration form.
- The Sale price must include a GST of 18% and QIF handling fee of 20%. ie. If your
Sale price is Rs. 118
GST – INR 18
Handling Fee - INR 20
Credit to your account - INR 80
- All shipping charges will be borne by the Quilter. Shipping will be done by the quilter if the quilt is physically in their possession. In case the quilt is physically with QIF, shipping will be done by QIF.
- You can edit your entries till last date of submission i.e 15 Dec 2020.
- If your quilt sells at IIQF, you cannot retroactively decide not to sell it.
- On successful sale, the buyer will transfer the sale price to QIF. On successful delivery, QIF will release the funds to the seller.
Registration will be online.
Call for entries is open from 1 Sep 2020 to 15 Dec 2020, 23:59 India Standard Time(IST).
In case you need any further information or clarification, please write to email@example.com.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions